Among the various body organs, skin is the biggest and the most crucial one. The internal environment of your body meets the exterior factors via the skin which functions as an interface. There are 3 distinctive skin layers; epidermis, dermis and the hypodermis. The epidermis is the superficial layer, the layer that we see. The main function of this layer would be to provide protective cover. The central layer of the skin wherein the connective tissues and glands are present is known as dermis. This layer supports the absorption process by transporting whatever is put on the epidermis to the deepest part of the skin and all through the body.
Fat cells or adipose cells form a fat layer which is found in the hypodermis.
Functions of the skin include-
1. Protective cover. The skin acts as a shield that obstructs microbes and other materials from getting into the body.
2. Body temperature regulation. Skin plays a significant role in the body heat regulation. Heat produced during the metabolic process is lost by way of the skin. Even under conditions of scorching heat or physical exercise, the body temperature remains almost normal.
3. Waste elimination. The evaporation of perspiration acts to cool the skin. Furthermore, small amounts of waste product and salt leave the body by way of sweat.
4. Sensation. Skin is one among themain sensory organ. It is possible to perceive a great deal of information about the outside atmosphere by way of the sensory nerve endings which are present in the skin.
5. Vitamin D Formation. Skin helps in the making of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is an important nutrient for your system because it is essential for the assimilation of phosphate and calcium from food. When skin is exposed to solar ultraviolet B rays, a substance called 7-dehydrocholesterol present in the skin is converted to Vitamin D.
Check out this Hair and Body Oil that solves all your beauty problems http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5uodiuT3DE
Yet another function of the skin, which is often ignored, is its absorption properties. This is the reason why applying transdermal medications (birth control patch, nicotine patch, etc..) to the skin is so effective. You can also make use of the absorption function of the skin with aesthetic lotions, topical ointments, and other applications that benefit the skin.
Body wrap treatments introduced by the spas capitalize on the absorption property of skin. Body wraps are designed to trim down inches and detoxify the body. You may improve your overall well being by taking regular body wrap treatments that detoxify your body. Body wraps are also effective at weight loss and contouring your physique and can even help shape your body in about an hour. The curative and cosmetic benefits help cleanse the body of toxins which help to reduce inches.
Certain body wrap will help relieve pain due to injury and illness. Body wraps special formulas have substances that help detach fat lipids from cell walls so that permanent fat loss may occur.
Fat loss, pain relief, skin tightening, muscle contouring and skin conditioning are a few of the health improvements provided by body wraps. Anybody can use body wraps as these are actually safe and harmless. A DIY body wrap made using your own body wrap recipes is a unique alternative if you want an inexpensive way to enhance skin condition, toning and tightening, as well as to help alleviate joint pain and inflammation. It is strongly recommended that you give yourself a body wrap once every week for up to 6 weeks – then for maintenance, once a month.